USSR- Russia: Myths, Mysteries and Spying
A one-hour presentation based on my 30 years’ involvement with the former Soviet Union and Russia including living in Moscow for five years during the demise of the USSR and the rise of the new Russia. The presentation will entertain and educate the audience. Accompanying power-point with 62 panels.
- Hermitage, Bolshoi Theater, Kremlin Museum, Palaces, Moscow Subway, Pushkin Museum
- The Three Great Mysteries of Russia
- The Amber Room
- The Czar’s Jewels
- The Art taken by Napoleon
- Soviet Union in WW2
- Unusual story of Father Walter Ceszak, S. J. who survived 20 years in Soviet prison camp.
- Tour of Soviet Space facilities with Wally Schirra. Discovered long held secret of Soviet Space Agency.
- Memorable comment of Michelle Pfeiffer about making film with Sean Connery in Moscow.
- Summit 1990 President Gorbachev and President G. H. Bush.
- Overthrow of Communism – Dismantling the USSR. Tanks in the streets.
- Spying for the F.B.I.
- Publishing first telephone book in USSR since 1934.
- Publishing “Make Way for Ducklings” in Russian in Russia.
- Installation of statues of “Make Way for Ducklings” in Moscow.
- Capitalism takes hold along with Russian Mafia.
- My encounters with the Russian Mafia.
- Interview with F.B.I. in 2017 regarding 2016 dinner with Russian Ambassador to UN